Why become a member? ×

FS: Peavey Cirrus V BXP - Gone.

geoffbyrne

This bass is now gone.

I've had this for 3 years buying it second-hand.

It's almost spotless/unmarked - no buckle rash. Neck has minimum relief & low action. Strings are old (2 years i.e. dead but that's how I like 'em) Overwater Xtra Longs (35" scale) - DR HiBeams are fitted new to these.

Active pickups *and* active pre-amp on this - takes 2xPP9s & runs 18v. Batteries were changed in February.

I can't remember the woods, but I believe it is Bubinga on Ash with a Pao Ferro fretboard.

Two possible issues.

When I got it the trussrod nut was wrecked through previous owner using an inappropriate instrument, & there was a bow in the neck.

This was cured by tapping a stainless steel philips screw into the nut with some Araldite, & tightening. Worked a charm

Previous owner replaced pan knob with a toggle switch a la Les Paul. I have had no problems with this, but I will include the original pan pot, a new pan pot and a similar but not identical knob should you wish to go back to pan pot.

Strap included but no case.

£225 collected (Loughborough or will travel a sensible distance to meet) or make me a sensible offer. Any questions, just ask.

p.s. I could be pursuaded to trade for a 5 string Squier Vintage Modified....... well, just a thought.

Edited by geoffbyrne

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1307523' date='Jul 18 2011, 10:21 AM']Thanks Kongo - pop round & have another cuppa sometime!!! :)

G.[/quote]

Ah, I thought you moved. :-)
If I had the space and funds I'd be the first to come get this. Currently in the want of a narrower spacing 5-string and I'm used to 35" scale length but alas, until I get round to shifting a load of mine it won't happen. :-(

BTW, The Ibanez RD is still in full service. :-)

[quote name='Kongo' post='1309426' date='Jul 19 2011, 05:42 PM']Ah, I thought you moved. :-)
If I had the space and funds I'd be the first to come get this. Currently in the want of a narrower spacing 5-string and I'm used to 35" scale length but alas, until I get round to shifting a load of mine it won't happen. :-(

BTW, The Ibanez RD is still in full service. :-)[/quote]

Excellent on the RD!! I *have* moved & if you want to know where PM me.

Anything to trade?

G.

[quote name='Kongo' post='1309426' date='Jul 19 2011, 05:42 PM']Ah, I thought you moved. :-)

BTW, The Ibanez RD is still in full service. :-)[/quote]

I'll trade you this for the RD!!! :)

G.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1311172' date='Jul 21 2011, 09:17 AM']I'll trade you this for the RD!!! :)

G.[/quote]

Whoa that's a tough one ha ha!
However, too late to consider anyway it seems as it's on hold. :-P
Otherwise I'd consider, as I like to keep to 35" scale as much as I can for muscle memory. I know 34" scale is only 1" but I'm that adaptive I will start to get sloppy and then hands won't be strong enough for 35" scale later.

Edited by Kongo

• 2 months later...