Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 1970 Custom Shop Ltd Ed

Marcus

Hi Guys,

This is the most fantastic bass i've ever owned, and i've owned it twice now so that tells you something...

Fact is my stupidly large and impossibly clumsy hands are just better suited to wider necks, i've just bought a Stingray and i'm so much more comfortable on that than I am on the slim fast neck of the Jazz !

I'll get some pics up tomorrow when the light is better.... but for now here's one of me using it live

here's a link to the fender site as a starter for 10

[url="http://www.fender.com/customshop/instruments/search.php?partno=9270000288"]http://www.fender.com/customshop/instrumen...rtno=9270000288[/url]

Looking for trades / swaps / px on the following as a starting point :

ASH Maple Natural Stingray (may consider other finishes but a maple board is a must)

Bongo HH

Spector NS2 NS4 or Euro LX

Status Headed Empathy

Open to other suggesions but neck profile of a Stingray / Precison is what i'm after

I'd also consider trades / swap on a decent amp (compact / powerfull type - poss Neo ?)

The Jazz had a RRP of £2600 but you can't buy one anymore....... I paid £2200 for this a year ago. I do live in the real world and understand the posh bass market is a little depressed which is why I'd like to trade rather than sell at this time. However sale price would be £1300

The Bass is certainly a future classic

Ping me a PM with any offers suggestions.......

Thanks a lot...

Mark

Edited by Marcus

[quote name='E_MaN' post='149539' date='Mar 1 2008, 05:55 PM']a euro lx? I would be expecting a full fat spector forthat beauty mate :)[/quote]

Swap deal possible on a USA NS2 or NS4

Cash plus bass deal on a Euro Lx :huh:

[quote name='funkmunky' post='149575' date='Mar 1 2008, 07:15 PM']This is one amazing example of a Custom Shop Jazz. I played it when Birdy owned it and brought it round. Somebody will get a fantastic bass.[/quote]

Cheers Funky !!

It's THE 70's Jazz, 70's vibe with Custom Shop Build Quality !

When I bought this bass I moved from a USA 1975 Reissue and a bloomin good example too, the difference btw the 75 and this bass was not subtle !!!

Cheers

Mark