Why become a member? ×

markbass 12" speaker replacement

kevbucket

[quote name='kevbucket' post='1269119' date='Jun 14 2011, 07:59 PM']hey Daddios , iv'e blown the speaker in my markbass 12" combo , has anyone ever had to replace a speaker in one and with which one , heres hoping someone can help ,
Later Daddios
Kev[/quote]

Markbass use custom B&C drivers, if you want the correct driver or a suitable recone you'll likely have to go through their service people (Proel in the UK maybe?)- I'm guessing it won't be cheap unfortunately.

thanks for the reply , to tell you the truth i really only use it as a pre amp for my double bass and im not really that bothered about replacing it with an original speaker , but i would replace it with a good quality alternative , has anyone got any suggestions ??
cheers daddios
Ke

[quote name='MartyBRebelMC' post='1271538' date='Jun 16 2011, 02:28 PM']Out of interest - how did you blow the speaker? I used to have a MB 121p and ran it at very high levels without any stress - just wondering if it was in fact a fauly driver.[/quote]

to tell you the truth , i have no idea how its blown as i very rarely put any volume through it , as i said earlier i play my double bass through it "ROCKABILLY" style but never push it,
but iv'e just replaced it with an eminance 12" and i cant hear any differance in the sound quality or WEIGHT !!
so i guess thats a result !!

thanks for the replys daddios
be good
Kev , a happy cat !