Why become a member? ×

"Ready" Freddie Washington

bassicinstinct

[url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/%E2%80%9Cready%E2%80%9D-freddie-washington/January-2010/105429"]"Ready" Freddie Washington on "the groove"[/url]

Amen to all of that!! :)

What a refreshing change, too, to hear from a "name" player who isn't constantly falling all over himself trying to prove how many notes he can cram into a bar? :)

[quote name='bassicinstinct' post='1268808' date='Jun 14 2011, 04:03 PM'][url="http://www.bassplayer.com/article/%E2%80%9Cready%E2%80%9D-freddie-washington/January-2010/105429"]"Ready" Freddie Washington on "the groove"[/url]

Amen to all of that!! :)

What a refreshing change, too, to hear from a "name" player who isn't constantly falling all over himself trying to prove how many notes he can cram into a bar? :)[/quote]

The most interesting thing about what Freddie says is he feels music in half-time. I've tried doing this myself and it's much harder than it sounds. As far as I'm aware there are very few bass players more capable than Freddie Washington, his reading skills are meant to be the best in the business.

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1269350' date='Jun 14 2011, 10:24 PM']This thread is a refreshing contrast to the Clutterbuck thread. :)

Our drummer goes to a lot of gigs and never normally mentions bass players he's seen, but he saw Steely Dan a couple of years ago and from the way he was raving about Freddie W, it sounded like his playing made quite an impact on him.[/quote]

Fantastic!! :lol:

Presumably, if he is your drummer, it will have had a positive effect for you too? :)