Why become a member? ×

mesa boogie bass 400+ for sale

stuartmaxwell

Im looking to sell on my 400+ to contribute to the credit agreement on on SVT classic

this is serial number B3973 which places it in the 1990s I think. The amp comes with recent service, resoldering & noise reduction mod and 16 replacement JJ valves from Dennis Marshall of Emmerson Williams (only MESA approved engineer in Scotland). The amp has been gigged 4 times since the revalve and it sounds f***ing excellent. It has an awesome 7 band graphic eq which offers superb flexible tones, it has a very crisp clear sound with lots of punchy options and heavy gain options. 1st channel is a clean effort which suits those playing with fingers better and 2nd channel is a gain channel which is very very thick and when combined with the "pull bright" switch sings/screams/sledgehammers home. I only used the 2nd channel, and still found it flexible enough to give me everything I needed

I replaced the amp in August with an SVT classic, which is more suited to my style of playing and was a solution to some GAS.

MESA do not make these amps anymore, and these are regarded as their best bass amp they ever made. these retail at £1400+ and thats for the newer models.

Im looking for around £915 or a close offer for this amp and that include the 6u flight case too. I am open to offers, but nothing stupid please and do bear in mind that this amp is completely revalved (at a cost of £250+ to me) and is in perfect working order.

I live in Dundee and you are free to give it a try if required

[url="http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Amps/Bass_400_/bass_400_.html"]http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bas.../bass_400_.html[/url]

more info through pm or stu_maxwell5 at hotmail.com

Edited by stuartmaxwell