Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified '77 Jazz

tazza1

I've just bought a MIM Fender Jazz so very reluctantly my VM Jazz has to go.
It's the black '77 VM Jazz with black scratchplate & bound & blocked neck.
It's in great condition with only the usual minor marks you get from playing it.
It plays & sounds superb & I know I'm going to regret this but I need to re-coup as much of the money for the MIM as possible.
I've been so impressed with this Jazz & I would love to keep it as a back up for the MIM but I just can't afford to.
The Duncan designed pick-ups give these basses a real Jazz sound & they're really well put together. I'm almost certain I'll buy another one once I've got myself sorted out.
Everywhere seems to be selling these new for £273 so I'm asking £180 which I think is a reasonable price. I'll happily meet up with the buyer within a 30 mile radius of Kettering in Northants if that helps. If that's not possible I will post at extra cost or you can arrange your own courier. Unfortunately I don't have a case or gig bag but I can box it up for delivery - I'll also remove the neck if you want me to.

Sorry I can't take trades on this.

I'll take some pics & get them up tomorrow evening but for now this is the model it is:

[attachment=81837:46165_sq...ck_large.jpg]

& here are the specs:
Series: Vintage Modified Series
Colour: (506) Black, (Polyester Finish)
Body: Agathis
Neck: Maple, C-Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
Pickups: 2 Duncan Designed™ JB101 Single-Coil Jazz Bass® Pickups with AlNiCo 5 Magnets
Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
Bridge: Standard 4-Saddle
Machine Heads: Standard Open-Gear Tuners
Hardware: Chrome
Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Width at Nut: 1.50” (38 mm)
Unique Features: White Bound Fingerboard with White Pearloid Block Position Inlays, Black Skirted Control Knobs, Synthetic Bone Nut.

Cheers
Steve

Edited by tazza1

NOW SOLD!!

[quote name='tazza1' post='1257864' date='Jun 5 2011, 09:54 PM']I've just bought a MIM Fender Jazz so very reluctantly my VM Jazz has to go.
It's the black '77 VM Jazz with black scratchplate & bound & blocked neck.
It's in great condition with only the usual minor marks you get from playing it.
It plays & sounds superb & I know I'm going to regret this but I need to re-coup as much of the money for the MIM as possible.
I've been so impressed with this Jazz & I would love to keep it as a back up for the MIM but I just can't afford to.
The Duncan designed pick-ups give these basses a real Jazz sound & they're really well put together. I'm almost certain I'll buy another one once I've got myself sorted out.
Everywhere seems to be selling these new for £273 so I'm asking £180 which I think is a reasonable price. I'll happily meet up with the buyer within a 30 mile radius of Kettering in Northants if that helps. If that's not possible I will post at extra cost or you can arrange your own courier. Unfortunately I don't have a case or gig bag but I can box it up for delivery - I'll also remove the neck if you want me to.

Sorry I can't take trades on this.

I'll take some pics & get them up tomorrow evening but for now this is the model it is:

[attachment=81837:46165_sq...ck_large.jpg]

& here are the specs:
Series: Vintage Modified Series
Colour: (506) Black, (Polyester Finish)
Body: Agathis
Neck: Maple, C-Shape, (Polyurethane Finish)
Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5” Radius (241 mm)
No. of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo
Pickups: 2 Duncan Designed™ JB101 Single-Coil Jazz Bass® Pickups with AlNiCo 5 Magnets
Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
Bridge: Standard 4-Saddle
Machine Heads: Standard Open-Gear Tuners
Hardware: Chrome
Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
Width at Nut: 1.50” (38 mm)
Unique Features: White Bound Fingerboard with White Pearloid Block Position Inlays, Black Skirted Control Knobs, Synthetic Bone Nut.

Cheers
Steve[/quote]