Why become a member? ×

Battle of the bands

Prime_BASS

I've just got home from doing a battle of the bands in hucknall Nottingham, and all in all it was a great experience.

There was a wide range of talent on show, the sound guys were very professional and efficient (considering the short time scale)
This is the best gig I've done in this band in regards to compliments bring received, which means a lot to me as I'm sure we all understand we put a lot of time,effort and energy into our sounds. One guy even said he is going to buy a stingray after he heard me and mine.

Overall we came third, and after a sneaky chat with the judge and promoter he told us we lost put of audience votes.... Which I saw coming due to what I've read here, and we only had 7 people in total supporting us, and some of the others had at least 20.

"it's not how good you are, it's how many people you bring" is what I remember reading, and its true.

The good thing is that the promoter/judge promised us regular gigs which to me is a bonus!!

I thought I would share this relatively good experience with you guys considering how many bad stories ive read of them.