Why become a member? ×

Hartke HA7000 (in SKB rack), 4.5xl and Carlsbro 1x15

Hola,

My first attempt at a Basschat sale, having bought a couple of bits and bats. All that's left is donation, after this (gulp).

The amp head is a Hartke HA7000, once the very top of their line, and still their best amp a mon avis.

Two preamps, tube and mosfet, and two power amps - 350w per side at 4 0hms, 240w per side at 8 ohms , ten band eq, compressor; basically two HA3500 power amps in one case, with one set of preamps.

Because of this arrangement, you essentially have two 350w amps in one - you can plug in four cabs to this, and the resistance drop is per channel, so you can run four 8 ohm cabs from this, or EIGHT four ohm ones :) I demo'd something like this when I bought it, but I can't imagine that you'd actually use it unless you work in mining or demolition.. The amp also has a crossover section, meaning that you can change the frequency at which the signal is sent to treble or bass speakers, there's a bi-amp/ mono setting at back - it's very, very flexible. I'll include a printed manual.

This one has had the fan replaced with a 24v brushless one to reduce noise (still noisy), and a tech has also sorted the arcing problem that can affect the on/off switch.

It has seen a hundred or more gigs, but hasn't been mistreated (too) much. It's in a 4u SKB rack (leaving 2u for your compressors, midi gubbins and multi effects units). I'll include the speaker cables, kettle leads, surge and spike extension and circuit breaker it always stays packed with for gigs. It was my main gigging head for a good few years, and is very versatile - and more reliable than anything else I've used.

The Hartke cab is the 4.5xl, and is rather marvellous as it incorporates a 5" tweeter instead of the usual piezo 'quack' thing you find in big cabs, and even horn arrays. It's marked 400w at 8 ohms, and has seen less than 50 gigs. Speakers are nicely played in without being at all over used.

The Carlsbro cab is butchered down from a 2x15 (I was NOT going to carry a 2x15 AND a 4x10 about). It's a bit cheap and cheerful - a 200w at 8 ohm speaker. It is here as a bonus extra if you come over to pick this heavy stuff up (I'll help you carry it downstairs).

Actually, the Hartke cab looks a bit newer in person than it does here, and I'll put the grille on the other one, too - I'll put up new photos asap.

I'll happily enough arrange couriers and pay for them if you bite at £500.

Obviously, collection is preferred. I can probably arrange to get these to you if you're around Glasgow/Edinburgh, but I'd always suggest to pop over and try them out - then you can pick up, too. :)
---------- Same price now includes postage -------------------
For sale, I'm looking for £500 delivered (without Carlsbro - which would cost about as much to deliver as its worth, or more)

BUT

I'd like to see what people really think these are worth. Send me offers. I want to see what you reckon.

I probably won't accept £25 and that old DOD effect pedal that lives in your cupboard, but I won't get angry or abusive with you either.

That said, I don't really see the point in selling decent gear in good order for little more than the £60 odd it'll cost me to post the pair of these things (yes, I've checked interparcel, and I'm including the dimensions, weight and cost of the great big boxes, too). I can try to sell it in local studios or elsewhere, or I can just keep it.

All of that said,

TRADES PREFERRED!

I hate the reification and alienation inherent in monetary transactions (no wonder I'm poor)...

I'd most happily swap for something more portable - a lightweight 2x10 and a small amp (obviously, I don't expect a mint wt 800 or Genz shuttle, but I quite like those lightweight Yamaha bbt thingies, or the LM250, and GK do a cheapie lightweight 2x10 - 210mbe - those go for less than the Hartke gear does new (and the Hartke gear was MORE expensive when I got it than it is nowadays. Silly me).

I'll consider EUB offers, basses or equipment in ANY condition.

If you want more pictures from any specific angle, videos or sound clips, do get in touch.

Edited by Bass Awkward

PM'd

===edit====
As in, I PM'd the fellow above back about his post, not that I PM'd myself about buying my own amp. Perhap that's obvious enough to let it slide, it just looks a bit strange to have a PM thing on your own thread.

Edited by Bass Awkward