Why become a member? ×

For sale Focusrite Saffire

Up for sale is my old sound-card. It's a Focusrite Saffire. It is sold unboxed (chucked it out a couple of years back - doh!) but in fully working order. Bought around 2008. I think it was around £280 at the time.

I still have the Firewire cable it came with and a CDROM with a free version of Cubase LE on it. The drivers and manual are available to download for free from the Focusrite website. [url="http://www.focusrite.com/downloads/saffire/"]http://www.focusrite.com/downloads/saffire/[/url]

It did come boxed with an AC adaptor but as it runs fine on the Firewire connection I never needed it. I think they only included it as some Laptops couldn't supply enough power to run the card.

Everything works fine and it records bass really well. The pre-amps are very decent.

Buyers are welcome to collect from my address in Reading or I can package and post it out for another £10. Paypal, cheque (with time to clear) or bank transfer suits me fine.

£60
Official blurb:

The original Saffi re from Focusrite fuses state-of-the-art hardware with highly integrated software to take audio
interfacing one giant step closer to the professional studio experience. Four inputs (2 digital) and ten outputs (2 digital)
with unrivalled foldback and monitoring options ensure you have all that’s needed to navigate through a modern recording
session. Focusrite build and sound quality, intelligent front-end design and cutting-edge compression, EQ, Amp modelling
and monitor path reverb software combine to guarantee an intuitive and trouble-free recording experience.
Hardware-powered Software | Software-powered Hardware
The intuitive ‘Saffi reControl’ software accompanying Saffi re is a revolutionary platform from the team that brought you
LiquidControl and the Forte Suite, allowing input processing, extensive monitor mixing and one-click hardware settings.
Compression, Amp modelling, EQ and (monitor path) reverb plug-ins are included, all powered by Saffi re’s onboard DSP.
All four plug-ins can also be run ‘natively’ from within your chosen recording platform.
With such a comprehensive range of monitoring options and high quality signal processing and effects, the Saffi re is truly the
interface of choice for the serious recording musician.
Hardware-powered plug-ins for tracking: EQ, Compression, Reverb and Amp Modelling all with zero impact on your CPU
Saffi reControl: The most comprehensive yet intuitive Input/Output control software to date
Saffi re plug-in Suite: VST and AU format (PC and Mac) plug-ins also included for use in the mix
Cubase LE: Steinberg’s award-winning Multi-Track recording/sequencing software bundled free of charge
Firewire: The ultimate audio/power interface guarantees true mobility and seamless audio communication
Focusrite Pre Amps and audio quality: Class-leading pre amps and converter performance from one of the most
prestigious names in music recording
Multiple Outputs: Allow up to fi ve unique stereo monitor mixes simultaneously
MIDI I/O: MIDI In, MIDI Out / MIDI Thru
2 independent headphones outputs: Providing two artists with two unique cue mixes
intelligent front-end design one-click solutions the professional studio experience
For in-depth details of connections, specifi cations and comprehensive performance fi gures, please visit www.focusrite.com
Saffi reControl
A A A A A A A A
SPECIFICATIONS
Analogue I/O
2 front panel Inputs (mic/live/inst): 2 x XLR (mic) or
2 x TRS Jacks (line/inst)
8 rear panel Outputs: All TRS Jack
Digital I/O
Stereo S/PDIF (RCA phono)
A
MIDI I/O
1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI Out/Thru