Why become a member? ×

Parallel Inputs on speaker cab

Hit&Run

What does "Parallel 1/4" Input Jacks" mean exactly?
Does it basically mean that you can 'daisy chain' some cabs together (not that I would)?

I just want to put one speaker lead into the back of it, from my amp, end of story.

This won't cause any problems, I hope?

Cheers in advance.

Yes, it means you can daisy chain cabs together and that if you do so the cabs will be connected in parallel.

You need to know the "parallel" but so you can work out the total load seen by the amp.

For the majority of amps with two speaker outputs, the effect of daisy chaining cabs in this way is the same as connecting one cab to each of the two speaker outs on the amp.

Why would you daisy chain ? If you have two cabs a long way from your amp then it would save having to run two long speaker cables - just run one long one then link the two with a short one. But note that ALL the power is going through the single long lead so it better be a good heavy duty one.

There is no other advantage in connecting cabs this way and it will make no difference to the sound.