Why become a member? ×

Selection of short-scale strings - hard To find and custom made....

I've been playing bass for just over a year after upgrading from regular 6 string guitar. Decided to go for a shortie as I guessed it would be a fairly easy transition for me and then went through the process of buying different types/brands of strings - testing feel, sound and string tension; until eventually I settled for some D'addario's. I typically only played each set of strings for a few days before I decided if they were right for me or not. So....

For sale are 5 x hardly used, rare and hard to find short scale strings including some custom made Rotosounds.

These would be perfect for someone like me who wants to try out lots of different short-scale strings. As any shortie owner knows the selection of short strings available is pretty limited - I had to order these hard to find strings from abroad (US & Germany) and even arranged for Jason How at Rotosound to make me 3 custom sets. Their details and pictures are:

Optima Gold (formally Maxima - used by John Entwistle) - 50/65/85/105
La Bella Hard Rocking Steel's - 54/75/90/111
Rotosound Swing 66 stainless steel custom - 50/70/85/110
Elites custom bass series stainless steel - 45/65/85/105
D'addario EXL170M nickelwound - 45/65/80/100 - only the E string in this pack has been used.

[attachment=81284:Copy_of_IMG_0217.jpg]

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or queries.

Cheers,
Cieran

Edited by Cieran