Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette Standard with Active Pre-Amp £650 ono

OPTIMUS-BASS

Up for sale is my Warwick Corvette Standard Ash, affectionatly known as "Wendy"

Due to financial difficulties I am having to sell this amazing bass and it breaks my heart :)

I have had this bass for almost four years. It cost me a little over £1200 when I bought it from The Bass Merchant in Colchester. Its finished in a beautiful satin Nirvanna Black with Black Hardware (these were expensive optional extras) The best price I have seen for this bass is £1049 New, but this is without the extras of colour finish and coloured hardware. Plus this now made in Korea not Germany like this one
I had to wait 3 weeks for it to be made and it was made in Germany as I understand Warwick have now shifted production of this model to Korea so any new Corvette Standards in shops are now manufactured over there to a lesser spec.

This bass can produce a multitude of sounds and is appreciated by many musicians in varying genres of music from funk, blues, rock to metal. Sonically it covers all these genres with ease thanks to the Active 2-way preamp system that turns this bass into a versatile tone monster!

Currently fitted with reasonably new Rotosound Swing Bass 66 strings in 0.45-105 guage. I have been using this bass reguarly for gigs for over 4 years. I have included pics of the expected wear and tear on a heavily gigged bass such as this. It does have buckle rash and a few scrates on the back and horns and one little dent on the lower horn. This obviously does not affect the amazing tone of the bass.

Included is a well padded official Premium Line Warwick Rockbag and user manual along with the Warwick User Kit which includes truss rod adjustment tool, cleaning cloth and allen keys.

Features;

Bolt-on Neck
US Swamp Ash body
Ovangkol neck
Wenge fingerboard
Scale: 34" (long scale)
24 frets
Warwick tuners
2-piece Warwick bridge
Warwick security locks
Chrome hardware
Just-A-Nut III
Weight: 3,5 kg (4-string)
Including Warwick "User Kit"
Including "Premium Line Plus" RockBag

As you would expect for a bass of this value Its cash on collection as I do not wish to ship. Although if it is not possible to collect I can meet you half way within reasonable distance or reluctantly ship at an extra cost.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...