Why become a member? ×

Used strings & string-thru ferrules

Had a bit of a problem trying to find replacement string-thru ferrules for a Ripper and got two sets that were no use before I finally found a set that worked. The surplus sets both cost about £6 posted, and are unused, so I'll sell for £5 posted each.

Set 1 - set of 4 large bass ferrules. Pictured against the inch scale of a rule.

Set 2 - set of 6 small guitar ferrules

Also have several sets of roundwound strings I'm never going to use.

Set 1 - unknown make, no silks, brass ball ends, off a 2+2 headstock. End-to-end lengths G 44", D 48", A 45", E 44" £2.50 posted

Set 2 - look like D'Addario, no silks, coloured ball ends, 2+2. End-to-end lengths G 42", D 46", A 46", E 42" £2.50 posted

Set 3 - DR Black Beauties. These have been on a 2+2 headstock and the end of the G is just bare wire, but I've had it up to tension on a 2+2 since and it holds fine. The other strings are in better condition, but the coating does tend to rub off in places. The set has been on and off the bass several times while I tried to like them, but had only a few hours playing time. Lengths: G 42", D 48", A 48", E 45". Length from ball end to taper is 96cm. £5 posted

Set 4 - Fender Black Silks. Haven't really used these after I bought them from someone on here. Silks are a bit fluffy. Lengths: G 47", D 45", A 42", E 41". Length silk-silk 35.5". £5 posted.

Payment - prefer paypal as a gift; bank transfer or cheque ok.

Edited by spinynorman