Why become a member? ×

TC Electronics RH450 - NOW SOLD! (on ebay for £485)

Riddler

FINAL PRICE BEFORE IT GOES ON EBAY! [b]£475 including shipping or £450 for pick up from mid sussex [/b](PM me for delivery options!)

TC Electronics RH 450 Amplifier - [s]£565 ono NEW PRICE - Now £525 inc delivery[/s]
(collect near Brighton or FREE p&p)
[u][/u]
Hi All
[attachment=84216:P1040555.JPG]
Lovely amp, top notch condition (see below), I don't want to sell it but I need some cash. Possible trades considered for a geddy lee, other jazz's or maybe a lakland. let me know what you've got.

Here’s the back story:
I bought this amp off Basschat a few weeks ago but unfortunately the metal casing was damaged in transit. (Due to absolutely no fault of the basschatter who sent it as it was packed very well but the courier oaf’s managed to find a way through the packaging!)
I used the amp a couple of times and it worked 100% fine but the cosmetic damage was bugging me. So a claim was made against the courier and I sent to amp to TC’s approved UK repairers (Adam Swain at Panic Music). They gave it a thorough looking over and replaced the casing (with genuine parts shipped from Denmark) as well as thoroughly checking all the electronics for damage (there was none). I have the service report if anyone wants to see it.

I’ve used the amp again since it's return and it works like a dream but I think my old MarkBass LMK has just got the edge on it for my purposes (mainly because the LMK has 2 channels) and I need some GASing funds so it’s up for sale.

Feel free to ask any questions

Cheers
Graham

Edited by Riddler

So what do you reckon then guys and girls, 120 views, no replies or comments?

Is the price wrong or has everyone been put off because it's been repaired? thought it was better to be honest and it's basically a guaranteed recon by TC approved technicians

I'm open to trades and offers, I'm looking for a nice Olympic white jazz, maybe a Lakland DJ or I need another Aguilar GS112T as full or partial trades

It'll have to go on ebay soon, regrettably

Let me know what you think?

Cheers
Graham

I think you've hit the nail on the head (no pun intended) with the price. There are hugely popular heads, but they typically go on here in perfect condition for much less, with a footswitch included and carry case.

I'd potentially be interested myself if the price was more tempting.

Good luck with the sale; it's a great amp and deserves to be played/loved.

[quote name='james_guitar' post='1245091' date='May 26 2011, 02:43 AM']I think you've hit the nail on the head (no pun intended) with the price. There are hugely popular heads, but they typically go on here in perfect condition for much less, with a footswitch included and carry case.

I'd potentially be interested myself if the price was more tempting.

Good luck with the sale; it's a great amp and deserves to be played/loved.[/quote]

Thanks for getting the replies started James. Thing is, I'm confident this IS in perfect condition now it's been thoroughly serviced, it's probably in better condition than other amps that haven't been looked at for a few years.

And I'm open to negotiation, PM me with an offer if you fancy it.

Cheers
Graham

I think one of the reasons is that with the release of the RH750, TC reduced the list price for the RH450 and this is now available new for £679 from Bass Direct

Apologies to the mods if this counts as commenting on a price in the for sale action...

Edited by markstuk

I've got a an RH450 and I tend to agree with you, but the RH750 "goes to 11" and in todays market that's more than enough to dent the RH450 in other peoples perceptions..

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1245295' date='May 26 2011, 10:26 AM']Come on, RH750 is silly overpowered. RH450 is more than sufficient and the price is not that bad... Good luck with the sale.[/quote]

Edited by markstuk

Nothing wrong with setting your price high. I think a lot of people would rather spend less than the asking price, but I'm sure eventually someone will be very happy with it. I had a John Myung six string bass on here for over two years before it sold as I refused to drop what I thought was a fair price.

Have a free bump on me :)

Thanks for the good advice everyone. I hadn't even realised the RH750 had been released! Bad timing on my part I suppose.

Anyway I've reduced the price to £525 including delivery or £500 for collect in person

Cheers
Graham

[quote name='Fl3tch3rb0y' post='1247981' date='May 28 2011, 10:15 AM']Hey,

Re: RH450

I'm looking for a new amp but my budget was originally for an ABM around 400GBP...

If the 450 is still for sale would you accept a symmetrical £450 if I arrange my own courier / collection?

Best wishes

David[/quote]
Hi David

How about we split the difference and call it £475? (with you to still arrange courier)

Cheers
Graham

[quote name='Fl3tch3rb0y' post='1247981' date='May 28 2011, 10:15 AM']Hey,

Re: RH450

I'm looking for a new amp but my budget was originally for an ABM around 400GBP...

If the 450 is still for sale would you accept a symmetrical £450 if I arrange my own courier / collection?

Best wishes

David[/quote]
Hi David

Are you still interested as I've had a couple of PM's over the weekend also showing interest but wanted to give you first shout.

Let me know

Cheers
Graham

[quote name='Riddler' post='1251796' date='May 31 2011, 05:25 PM']One last shout to David (Fl3tch3rb0y) then I'll offer to someone else

Cheers
Graham[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Graham...Being honest its probably just outside of my budget right now (Cash). I emailed an online shop and can pick one up for £650, free delivery, 12 months guarantee on 12 months interest free credit so I'm kinda thinking that might be better for me and only £54 per month. I hope you make a sale tho so good luck with that.

Regards

David

• 1 month later...