Why become a member? ×

strings

hi there, can anyone recomend a set of strings ( 6 string bass) that will cover the low end and still be light and bendy on the top to cover the guitar tones. I play in a duo and i try to use my bass to cover all the low end and also cover the chords and solo too. theres so many on the market just wondering if anyone has any workin experience of this kinda thing
and would welcome any tips. cheers, jimmy.

I find that the Warwick Black Label my 6'er came with are quite nice and do a pretty good job. I've not really tried other stuff, on my old 5 I had D'addarios which I found were slightly weedy. Take a look at DR too though, they're often really good

I personally wouldn't touch Warwick strings. They are the only string I have ever snapped. It was a D or A. (not easy playing a gig with a middle string missing)

D'addarios have been great for me. And DRs seem to have lots of love on Basschat. Do they make a 6-string set? I wouldn't go thinner than a 025 on the high C though. Reckon the sound will start to thin out. D'addario 030 is fine. Can always use your EQ for a more trebly sound if required.