Why become a member? ×

AS Level practical tomorrow!

I've got my Lower Sixth practical tomorrow for my A Level grade, and bricking it! I'm playing Chromatic Fantasy, a Bach violin Sonata, and a piece from the Rockschool grade 8 syllabus (boke).

I don't know, I just weird kinda inadequate doing auditions etc alongside pianists etc, anyone else feel the same?

*runs away to practice* :)

Edited by Michael Currie

I murdered Portrait of Tracy for my secondary AS piece a few years ago but it actually turned out rather well in the end. I think you have it slightly easier on the bass guitar than with classical instruments because usually the examiner has hardly any experience of it. Usually.

[quote name='Michael Currie' post='1234834' date='May 17 2011, 08:23 PM']I've got my Lower Sixth practical tomorrow for my A Level grade, and bricking it! I'm playing Chromatic Fantasy, a Bach violin Sonata, and a piece from the Rockschool grade 8 syllabus (boke).

I don't know, I just weird kinda inadequate doing auditions etc alongside pianists etc, anyone else feel the same?

*runs away to practice* :)[/quote]

If it makes you feel any better, I'm on the other side of the fence at the moment. I'm marking my A-level student's AS and A2 practical exams and I'm sure you'll be fine!

Just remember to be confident and (unlike an graded exam [ABRSM/Rockshool etc]) your tutors are not there to be judgemental, they are there to try and give you the best marks they can based on your performance and want you to do well too, so relax and enjoy it!