Why become a member? ×

FT/FS: LADO Superfalcon-2. 4-string.

Kim S

FS/FT is a LADO Superfalcon-2.

An amazing Canadian 80's piece of craftsmanship that I'm only considering letting go because I 'need' a 5-string...

Walnut body with a Walnut/Birdseye maple neck
2x humbuckers that someone once suspected being DiMarzios (I have no idea what they actually are, but they sound nice!)
3-way PU-selector
Vol/Pre-amp Vol/Tone
Pre-amp on/off 2-way switch
5-way EQ preset knob
EQ preset knob on/off switch
Phase switch
Humbucker/singlecoil switch

I never really use the switches and knobs. It has a nice warm vintage tone that I never really move away from, but with all the controls, you'll have the option.

Sale price is £1,200. Up for trades, show me what you got! :)

I live in Bristol. At the moment I don't have a car so won't be able to deliver it anywhere I'm afraid. I do have a post office across the road though, if you want me to ship it.

Edited by Kim S

[quote name='RhysP' post='1232833' date='May 16 2011, 11:02 AM']Blimey! I haven't seen one of those since the Frankfurt trade fair in 1984 (or was it '85?).
Lovely bass - have a bump on me. :)[/quote]

In the early days... Pretty nice! Do you remember what they were asking for them new at the time? It's truly a nice piece of work, if someone made these new today I wouldn't expect them to be cheap.

A useful detail (feel free to agree or disagree) is the fact that you can adjust the two volumes to create a fuzz/dist-like sound. I did use it as an on board effect when playing in a prog-rock band. I could have used a pedal like everyone else but obviously it wouldn't be nearly as cool :)

[quote name='Kim S' post='1233654' date='May 16 2011, 09:22 PM']In the early days... Pretty nice! Do you remember what they were asking for them new at the time? It's truly a nice piece of work, if someone made these new today I wouldn't expect them to be cheap.[/quote]

I just dug my old photos out & I've got one of the guitar version of your bass & a one pickup fretless but there's no price on them sorry.

Lado guitars are still made - it might be worth you getting in touch with them & asking what the price was for your bass.
There's a forum too so it might be worth putting it on that if you have no luck selling it here.
Here's a link to the website:
[url="http://jklado.com/"]http://jklado.com/[/url]

• 2 weeks later...