Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Monorail 2 bridge (MR-2) Widdening the bridge saddles?

Hey Guys,

I have an Ibanez BTB676, and i really like it but i want to be able to use a heavier B string, as it only takes Tapered strings, and the heaviest non tapered one i could get to fit was a .120 and i was hoping for something more like a .135 or .140

The elixer strings on it are good, but the B is too floppy for my likes, and i really want to string it up with some rotosounds!

The non-tapered strings just sit on top of the groove and that causes a whole mess of problems!

Any advice? Is this possible?

I can't change the bridge because of the way the bridge works and the way it is strung.

Thanks in advance :)
AC

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1224044' date='May 8 2011, 12:23 PM']A pic would help. Filing might be an option. But you can get taperwounds made to specification by Newtone strings and a few others, if you are really scared of that sort of work. They aren't madly expensive.[/quote]

I'll take one before the end of the day!

I was thinking about Newtone, its just i really like Rotos but i've only heard good things about Newtone so i'll drop them an e-mail later.

I was wondering about filling but i was unsure of how it would be done!

• 1 month later...