Why become a member? ×

Cats Whiskers pickups....

Cieran

I'm thinking of swapping out the P/J pickups on a short scale bass I have my eye on and I have narrowed it down to Wizard or Cats Whiskers.

After doing a search on the BassChat forums I have found plenty of complimentary feedback for Wizard pickups but nothing for Cats Whiskers?

Has anyone here had any experience using them and willing to share their thoughts. Would be much appreciated.

Ta
Cieran

I'm having a custom humbucker made by Allan at Catswhisker for my build.

Can't comment on the tone etc yet because it's not been made, but I can say he's a lovely bloke, incredibly helpful and knows what he's doing. If you've not spoken to him it might be worth sending him an email to see what he can tell you?

[quote name='untune' post='1224065' date='May 8 2011, 12:43 PM']I'm having a custom humbucker made by Allan at Catswhisker for my build.

Can't comment on the tone etc yet because it's not been made, but I can say he's a lovely bloke, incredibly helpful and knows what he's doing. If you've not spoken to him it might be worth sending him an email to see what he can tell you?[/quote]

Would you be able to tell me about the tone when you get around to finishing your build? I am not looking to do my own build for a couple of more weeks so by then you might have completed your build. I have already emailed Allan a couple of times making initial enquiries about a P/J combination and he has been nothing but helpful but I was curious if any BassChatters had any real experience. It might be worth me emailing/speaking to Allan about the specific tone I am after and see what he says.

Thanks for your help.