Why become a member? ×

AMPEG SVT 450H ENQUIRY.

herman

hello all,

im running an ampeg svt 450h head, 2x10 + 1x18 svt cabs, the master volume is set at 3 0`clock, but when i turn
the gain towards 11 0`clock the green limit light flickers, am i harming the speakers? there is also a red `peak` light
next to the gain control, would that be bad news if the `peak` light come on?

thanks herman.

[quote name='herman' post='1217733' date='May 2 2011, 04:52 PM']im running an ampeg svt 450h head, 2x10 + 1x18 svt cabs, the master volume is set at 3 0`clock, but when i turn
the gain towards 11 0`clock the green limit light flickers, am i harming the speakers? there is also a red `peak` light
next to the gain control, would that be bad news if the `peak` light come on?[/quote]

The limit LED comes on when the amp is beginning to distort and shows that the limiter circuitry is protecting the amp.
The peak LED shows when the input to the amplifier is too high - there's a little 'PAD' button next to the input socket, switching that on will reduce the input level.

More detailed information is in the user manual available [url="http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/SVT450H.pdf"]here[/url].

HTH