Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn - Conklin 7 string (defretted)

purpleblob

For Sale: I have a lovely red wine coloured Conklin Groove Tools 7 string bass (bolt on neck). It's been defretted (I believe) and the fret markers are in the standard fretted positions. But if you want a Conklin fretted 7 string for very little money, I doubt it'd cost much to refret if so desired.

I bought this a year and a half back (from a fellow BCer for £600) on a bit of a whim, as I'd got very into the music of [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvWB-Z4J0mg"]Eric Czar[/url] and [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbYDbkQuWwo"]Edo Castro[/url], ambient bass stuff, but I realise I'm more than happy with my 5 string fretlesses. Although this said, I'm in no rush to sell this one as I'm sure I'll regret it when it's gone.

It plays and sounds great and is in excellent condition, there's marks under the lower three strings on the fingerboard (due to the round wounds on it) but they're not too bad and there's a couple of small nicks on the tips of the headstock (see pic) but that's really all there is on the negative side on this one. It does come with a case (I'll take some pics of that if people are really interested), I think the zips a bit on the dodgy side, but will try to dig it out soon and check it out.

I don't want to post this, so I'd prefer collection. I'm based in Surrey (Guildford/Woking) area and would be happy to meet up if this helps.

Price wise,I figure this is worth £600

WITHDRAWN

[attachment=78773:CIMG4596.JPG][attachment=78774:CIMG4599.JPG]
[attachment=78775:CIMG4597.JPG][attachment=78772:CIMG4595.JPG]

Edited by purpleblob

I'm not after one [i]per se[/i] I just think they are great, and wondered why Conklins aren't popular here!

Not played a GT-7 only the GTBD and a GT4! Though from i've played i can say this will be quailty!

Plus i can't afford it, am on a bass buying ban, and need a new amp :)

• 1 year later...

I've finally decided to put this back up for sale (having withdrawn it previously).

It's a lovely instrument, easy to play, sounds great, but I really don't play it enough anymore. I've had some interest in this recently so was asked a few questions about it, therefore additional info. listed below.

(Disclaimer: weight taken on bathroom scales so not super precise, but did re-weight several times to verify)
[list]
[*]This weighs 5.2kg
[*]The nut width is 6.4cm
[*]The string spacing (measuring halfway across one string to halfway across the adjacent string and at the nut) is 1 cm for B - E and 0.8 cm for C - F and as close to 17mm as my poor old eyes can tell at the bridge.
[/list]

• 2 weeks later...

GAS is so BAD.

I've seen another bass I'm now lusting over. I'm not sure how long the other instrument will be available, so I'm dropping the price on this one in the hope that it can help finance the new purchase.

If the other instrument goes before this one, I reserve the right to put the price back up :)