Why become a member? ×

Bonding Solutions - pedal board tape

Scotticus

Hey all,

Call me strange, but that tiny bit of movement you always get when a pedal is attached to a board with velcro started to get on my nerves... honestly can't describe why, but there you have it.

I picked up a 1m roll of pedal board tape mmanufactured by Bonding Solutions from an Amazon seller. It's kinda like plastic velcro so far as I can tell, a sticky back strip of stuff with little plasticy mushrooms that lock together and form a grid system.

So far, so good. It's about half the width of the velcro that came supplied with my Pedaltrain Mini board, easy to keep it invisible under the pedals if that's your thing. Most importantly though, this stuff locks absolutely solid. It raises the pedals a few mm off the board (you'll need that space to prize them off), and they feel solid as a rock to step on now... no movement at all. I was also impressed that small rectangles of it seem to be suitably sticky to stay put, just give it 24 hours or so to settle and you're in business.

Dunno how well it comes off yet, haven't had a need. I'll no doubt post complaining about that part in due course :)

Scott

I did the same used Velcro strip and pads under each pedal.

It holds fine but when you want to change things around, can be an issue with EBS pedals with soft rubber foam underneath as it rips the foam off your pedals. Boss Ok also Aphex with metal bottoms. Velcro was so tough that it also pulled the velcro strip off the board I have now stappled and super glued it on :)