Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn, for now: Fender Precision JV

magee

UPDATE 30/3/12: hello, I'm withdrawing this for now while I consider whether I still want to sell it. Sorry for any confusion (see last two posts),
Matthew

This is one of the early Fenders to have been made in Japan and one of the ones on which the early reputation of JV instruments was built. This is a Fender JV, not a Squier: it was apparently what was being made for the domestic market when the Fender (Squier Series) ones were being made, and before they were sold as 'Squier by Fender'.
It is a beautiful bass, it plays really solidly and evenly and has a rich Precision tone. I am only selling it because I have managed to get my hands on a '62 Precision which has become my main bass.
It's in good condition, though as you can see from the pictures the lacquer is cracked in lines on the back and there is a small dunt out out of the top curve. Apart from these cosmetic blemishes it has no issues or problems.
I'm looking for £900 plus shipping. It'll come securely packed in a gig bag.
Thanks,
Matthew

[attachment=77774:DSC_0231.JPG] [attachment=77775:DSC_0233.JPG] [attachment=77776:DSC_0229.JPG]

Edited by magee

• 1 month later...

I have one of these, I bought it new in 1981 it is still the best precision I've ever played! They are rare beasts, and I am confident the value of these will keep going north for a while to come...

For what its worth I think you're completely mad!! Keep it!! In the late 80's I had two bookmatched Wals made for me. Due to some financial pressure (which in hindsight was probably totally manageble!) I stupidly sold the fretted one in around 1990, for the same as I paid for it... £795 dumb or what!

• 9 months later...

Hello,

thanks for the reminder! I had half-forgotten too that I'd advertised this for sale.

This reminder has helped me to fall in love with it again so I'm going to get some new strings so I can hear it properly and consider this while giving it more playing time over the next few weeks, so I'll withdraw it for now. Sorry if you're disappointed, but thanks for giving me a reminder that I should be playing it more,

Matthew