Why become a member? ×

Nice new rig to show off

dc2009

So, here we have a few hideously grainy photos taken in my poorly lit room on my poor iPhone camera of my rig, which has come together today!
It comprises:
A Trace Elliot Series 6 AH200 w/GP12 Pre-amp. Purchased for a cheeky £175 off fleabay. Anyone that knows these amps knows that the 200W rating belies how hideously loud they can be, reviews frequently state how they put 400W+ non-trace's to shame.
A Marshall VBC 412 cabinet (rated 400W at 4ohms). Delivered today for £255 by our very own forum member Andy Blowers. It's huge in size, weight (49kg) and most of all sound. Andy put his Fender P through it for a bit when he dropped it off and he will testify its shaking of the room with the trace barely turned up to 2/10.

I think it looks sexy, sounds sexy, and hopefully you can enjoy these pics. The head of my warwick can be seen in some of the photos, left there as a reference for size (the cab didn't fit under my desk lol).

P.S. This means my little Laney RBW200 combo will be for sale soon, anyone interested can drop me a line for info, or there'll be a proper thread in the appropriate section soon.