Why become a member? ×

String volume

Stinkfoot

what can cause a drop in volume on one individual string,its happening on my A string,I have tried adjusting for saddle hight with pick up hight & even thought I would try the frequency range on my EQ channel,The strings are all from the same set although they are old..but why a loss of volume over one string...?

[quote name='Stinkfoot' post='1199743' date='Apr 14 2011, 06:44 PM']what can cause a drop in volume on one individual string,its happening on my A string,I have tried adjusting for saddle hight with pick up hight & even thought I would try the frequency range on my EQ channel,The strings are all from the same set although they are old..but why a loss of volume over one string...?[/quote]

I'd suggest next thing you need to do is eliminate the string itself as the cause of the problem. Get a new set of strings on and see if that sorts it out

[quote name='ikay' post='1200223' date='Apr 15 2011, 08:05 AM']I'd suggest next thing you need to do is eliminate the string itself as the cause of the problem. Get a new set of strings on and see if that sorts it out[/quote]

That's what I figured... new strings ordered...I'm just not to fond of the very bright new string sound...but hey ..needs must

cheers