Why become a member? ×

Lightweight rig arrived!

ThomBassmonkey

[quote name='Superbass' post='1211085' date='Apr 25 2011, 06:18 PM']LMAO, sweet guys, cheers for the great advice. i guess it all comes down to preference in the end. I think a trip out of Wales to Bass Direct or Bass Merchant is in order. Was hoping to avoid the fuel costs but i think given that im probably going to spend well over a grand then i better not just take a gamble. Bet you im either going to come away with GK or GB cabs though![/quote]

Thats the best bet mate, I never really get the people that wont travel for basses and gear its a big purchase and £30 of fuel spent now to get the right gear will be better than selling it on to do the same later.

hey guys, went to bass direct the other day and came away with a GB Streamliner 600 and GK Neo 212 cab. Have to say im pretty happy and love the sound im getting. I have 4 gigs this week so will let anyone who's interested how the amp and cab perform. Cheers for all your help in my search.

Nice one mate, that should be a great rig. I just used one Neo212 for the first time (usually use both) and it easily dealt with gigging volumes. I'm sure you'll be well chuffed with your new setup! :)

I have to say, I'm starting to think this rig sounds better than my "big rig", the clarity from it is amazing and it still has all that beautiful GK tone that made me pick them in the first place. The fact that I can carry the head and leads in a laptop case, a gig bag on my back and the cab in my hands so I can carry a giggable rig around in one trip doesn't hurt either.