Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Shine 6 string bass

chrismuzz

Pretty much as the title suggests. It's a fantastic budget bass, and my first 6 string which I bought in 2006. A few years later I took it to master luthier Andy Viccars to have the frets leveled, bridge straightened, neck shimmed, and just general sprucing up. Since then it has been playing like an absolute dream. The only reason it doesn't get any use these days is because I'm more of a passive guy, and because I prefer a 35" scale (this bass is 34").

As far as playability goes it's the 2nd most comfortable 6 string I've played. Fairly tight string spacing, I'd guess 17mm but I could be wrong. The sound is nice and warm with plenty of sustain. With new strings it gets nice and bright too! And thanks to the active EQ it's very versatile. A lot better than the price tag suggests! The strings on it are kinda old, if I'm honest, but I quite like the tone with older strings :) I've also got a very tasty strap to go with it made by Levy's (the best damn strap makers out there!).

It's never been gigged, and apart from a couple of light scratches on the upper horn, it is in very good used condition. However I have just discovered that the endpin jack socket does lose connection sometimes if you dont tightly wrap your lead around the strap button. A temporary fix is possible but a pain in the arse with this type of jack socket, so it would be best to replace. Because of this I've reduced the price to £160

I can take pictures on request. For now I'll link to some photos i found courtesy of Google! It's a bit redder in real life :lol:

The bass:

The sexy strap:

Help a brutha out! Thanks for reading. Fingers crossed! :)

Edited by chrismuzz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='chrismuzz' post='1311617' date='Jul 21 2011, 03:10 PM']You know you're tempted :)[/quote]

You're right there :lol: but i prefer 35" scale for a 6'er but i've never owned a 34" 6'er just giged one a few times, also insterested to see if i like it enough to buy the fretless version BUT me mum would kill me if i brought home ANOTHER bass :) (Plus i'm pretty skint from buying concert tickets :D )

Edited by AttitudeCastle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...