Why become a member? ×

Pedal Board 'Real Estate'

thatgrantboy

I've got a kinsman pedal board/case that is containing all the product of my recent fx splurges, and so far the board is like so>

ehx bassballs (russian)
behringer di/eq pedal
glx chorus pedal
danelectro coolcat dist.
korg pitchblack tuner
space for a snarling dogs bass wah i hope to tie up very soon

I've also got the receiver box from my AKG wireless system, plus a 4 way extension lead to run the wireless and my daisy chain power off.

However, I wanna try and save/make some space, by putting a very low shelf over just the wireless, so everything isnt as squashed. And then I can put say, my tuner and di pedal on that then. Which makes a bit more space for me, to possibly add an octaver in the near future, and something else.

Anyone have any ideas on something effective to do so?

Edited by thatgrantboy

Replace the 4-way with a 2-way if you can, then run your pedals from a flat switching power supply (like the Johnny Shredfreak ones), that will save a load of height and be a bit more resilient. Danger is that you will overbuild and the case won't shut once all the pedals are installed. Tuner and DI on the shelf is sensible, as you don't need split-second access to them. Just use common sense.

The pedals currently get powered either through a battery (ehx pedal), or on a daisy chain that runs off my pitchblack, as its got that dc output.

and yeah, thats why I wanted both of those on there, as I'll hardly need them readily.

I could certainly go towards the two-plug extension in time, as that'll create another pedal space, effectively.

I'd measure everything up anyway, i just needed an idea of doing the shelf over my wireless box, as i wont use that at all, yet i still want it on my board so its less wires: running from bass to board; and if i wanted to use my wireless off my board, I'd have to keep it on my amp, which would leave the wire from the receiver all the way to my pedal board, and the returning lead back to the amp. Like this, I only have one lead ever running to my amp :)