Why become a member? ×

SOLD! 2 packs of Newtone short/medium scale 'Diamond Bass' nickel strings

As the title says I am selling 2 packs of Newtone strings which I have owned for just over a week. They were custom made for me by Malcolm & Neil at Newtone strings to fit my short-medium scale bass. One pack has been unopened and the other set was strung up on my bass for the last week so that I could get a feel for them before I decided that they weren't for me. The core of the string measures approx 32" as this was the distance from the bottom of the bridge to the nut on my bass. The used set was strung on my Gretsch which has 2+2 tuners on the headstock (as opposed to 4 in a row), so this is worth keeping in mind if you are interested as they have been cut to fit the tuners.

They are excellent and well-made strings that have a nice bright zingy sound to them. The heavier gauge is perfect for shorter scale basses as they provide the same amount of tension that you would find on a regular/ long scale. Only reason I am selling them is they are slightly too bright for my liking and I found the extra tension to be too much for my puney fingers (you can tell I was a guitarist before I took up bass!) Heres what the blurb says on the back of the pack:

"These strings have been individually made from the finest materials available. Our small workshop was set up to bring together traditional craftmenship and the very latest ideas in string design and materials. DIAMOND BASS: Are an excellent quality bass string featuring outstanding sustain together with long life. These strings have been designed with live performance in mind."

[attachment=76778:untitled.JPG]

Looking for £25 for the unopened pack and £15 for the used set. Am happy to sell them individually or together - will knock of a fiver if bought together.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or queries.

Cheers,
Cieran

Edited by Cieran