Why become a member? ×

Yamaha RBX JM2 6 String Bass?

skhatru

Hi,

I have been playing my very reliable and versatile Yamaha BB605 now for about 8 years or so. A good few basses have come and gone in that time, and this one has remained. Been on the lookout for a RBX JM2 for a number of years now, and I have managed to locate one.

Has anybody onlist had one? Still got one? What do you think of it, and realistically, what are they worth these days? I had an RBX 765(i think) with same body style as JM2, but did a straight swap for the BB605 I still have, as I didn't like the pickups on it, but this has a MM style humbucker, with the same IMO lovely body shape and headstock.

Opinions please guys and gals.

Cheers

Dougie

Edited by skhatru

I'd do dark things to get a Plum Pearl RBX JM2!!

they are MONSTER played one, fell in love but never managed to own one and missed out on 2 or 3 that have come upon here!

Its a yamaha so the quality is there, slick neck!

The Octavarium album was recorded with A JM2 and a John Entwistle Ashdown Amp rig if your a Dream theater fan that will make sense!

Really REALLY hot pickup, very Musicman humbucker sound with buckets of power

I'm still after one but everytime one came up and i was ready to buy something at home happened and needed funds else where :)

Some of my favourite basses on the planet (I'm completely pro yamaha haha)

Fantastic basses IMHO

Edit:

Also all the ones on here and ones i've seen used (Saw one in Guitar Guitar, missed that one too! The guys told me off for coming in and playing it for 2 hours a day for the 3 days they had it in!) and on here i've seen 3 sold and each one has gone for £450 the good to perfect condition ones and £400 for a slightly worn (a few dings, scratches and blemishes etc)

Also welcome to the forum! :)

Edited by AttitudeCastle

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1189228' date='Apr 5 2011, 04:26 PM']I still lust after my old JM1 that I traded out!
Gutted

Truckstop[/quote]

Just out of interest did you trade that one here?

It pained me that i didn't have the money to offer you fairly mate!

Thats 4 JM2's and A JM1 that i've missed out on! There must be a higher power and he must be out to stop me getting a JM bass! I much perfer them to the Bongo bass he has now!