Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD****Fender USA '75 Jazz Reissue, £1000...****

moonbass

NOW SOLD***...call for desperate measures!

I am seriously looking to upgrade my NS WAV4 to one of the CR5Ms up for sale on here at the moment, but need to find the funds. So, up for grabs is my USA '75 Reissue Jazz. It's in great condition and comes with original tolex hardcase with the pickup covers (never fitted) and other case candy. It's got the original white scratchplate and a pearl one (which isn't quite an accurate fit, as pictured). Very few knocks, only slight 2-3mm dings in lacquer which don't show up on photos (end of headstock and lower bout.) Original plastic control knobs changed to chrome precision knobs, and for some reason I can only find one of the plastic originals (but will have a look for the others, as they can't have gone far!) But the chrome ones look way better in my opinion. Rosewood fingerboard, which seems to tone down the very bright high end found on the maple models.

I'm sure most of you will be aware of these and probably tried them before, so you will know that they have great vintage tone, but are also cracking for slap. It's been recently set up by professional luthier (and pickups which were briefly active EMGs changed back to original passives, as well as cracked nut replaced.) Plays brilliantly, not particularly heavy (9lbs on bathroom scales.) The wood grain is, I think, particularly good on this example.

This was my dream bass, but I've realised I'm a 5 string man, and also doing a lot of upright work this Summer, so the Jazz has to go! RRP is £1700, and I'm looking for £1000. Not interested in trades (unless it's for an NS CR5M!) Ideally for pick up from Cambridge, but happy to consider other delivery options if needed. Pictures below. Any questions just let me know.

Cheers,
Andy

[attachment=76684:IMG_0124.jpg][attachment=76687:IMG_0126.jpg][attachment=76688:IMG_0132.jpg]
[attachment=76685:IMG_0129.JPG][attachment=76686:IMG_0131.JPG][attachment=76690:IMG_0130.jpg]

Edited by moonbass