Why become a member? ×

Wiring Diagram for 2 pickups, 2 vol, no tone

Cade

Hi All!

As a temporary measure, I need to wire up two pickups (active EMGs) to two Volume pots then straight to stereo jack. As it's fairly unusual, I can't seem to find a diagram that covers the scenario. The closest I can get is [url="http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=active_soapbar"]this diagram[/url] but that still has a master passive tone in the circuit.

Through trial and error, I could probably come up with a solution, but if you know of a diagram that already exists, please do tell! :-)

Cheers,
C.

It's a rather odd requirement so it's unlikely you'll find exactly what you're after - although hillbilly deluxe's circuit comes close (passive pups instead of active ones).

If you look at the SD diagram you posted earlier you can see where the wires join onto the tone pot - follow them a bit further and you'll see where they join the volume pot.
Just leave the tone pot out and connect the wires to their corresponding locations on the first volume pot.

[quote name='icastle' post='1183473' date='Mar 31 2011, 03:51 PM']It's a rather odd requirement so it's unlikely you'll find exactly what you're after - although hillbilly deluxe's circuit comes close (passive pups instead of active ones).

If you look at the SD diagram you posted earlier you can see where the wires join onto the tone pot - follow them a bit further and you'll see where they join the volume pot.
Just leave the tone pot out and connect the wires to their corresponding locations on the first volume pot.[/quote]

So, refering to the SD diagram, all I need to do is get the black wire coming from the middle pot and unhook it from the centre lug of the tone pot and just solder it to the jack tip?