Why become a member? ×

Cannot register on Ebay.co.uk

Hi. I saw some good deals on Ebay and wanted to bid, and therefore I had to register. Now the problem is that I constantly keep getting errors that my contact number is incorrect, even though I have checked the ISD Code several times. I stay in London. Can someone tell me what ISD code I should use, and the no of digits Ebay wants my number to be? For the Primary Contact number, the example has 8 digits, which is a landline. I don't have a landline...

Has anyone else had this problem? What does Ebay want of me??! Help please....

Edited by faiz0802

[quote name='faiz0802' post='1171116' date='Mar 21 2011, 07:10 PM']Hi. I saw some good deals on Ebay and wanted to bid, and therefore I had to register. Now the problem is that I constantly keep getting errors that my contact number is incorrect, even though I have checked the ISD Code several times. I stay in London. Can someone tell me what ISD code I should use, and the no of digits Ebay wants my number to be? For the Primary Contact number, the example has 8 digits, which is a landline. I don't have a landline...

Has anyone else had this problem? What does Ebay want of me??! Help please....[/quote]

And most landlines don't have 8 digits either. I'd guess you want an 11 digit number, starting with 0. But who knows what ebay will demand!?

[quote name='mart' post='1171134' date='Mar 21 2011, 08:17 PM']And most landlines don't have 8 digits either. I'd guess you want an 11 digit number, starting with 0. But who knows what ebay will demand!?[/quote]

Please enter your primary telephone number
Example: ([u][b]020[/b][/u]) [u][b]12345678[/b][/u].
Required in case we need to contact you about your account

^This is what it says. The Bold Underlined section represents the two input boxes, so I'm guessing it wants an 8 digit number. Been trying for a while but Ebay is being very picky i guess.