Why become a member? ×

Pics of my Dean Hillsboro, Bass Collection SB315 and SB320 fretless

Mornats

As promised, some pics of my 3 beauties.

The white one is a brand new Dean Hillsboro Single (costs around £300 new). Quite a decent bass for the price, nice sound, more suited to rock/metal but also gives a nice slap/pop sound if you're funky like that. It's got a jazz style neck which makes it very easy to play. Some of the workmanship and finishing isn't first class but it's sound and solid.

The black one is a 1991 SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB315 5 string. 2 jazz pickups. I had a custom brass nut made for it as it's strung with a high C (this is how it came when I bought it off Ebay and I quite liked it but the nut was worn down and was causing buzzing so had to be replaced). Very very nice jazz sound as you'd expect and great for soloing. And of course Bass Collections (the original ones at least) are immensely playable and are very lightweight. This I believe has an alder body, maple neck and rosewood fretboard.

The red one is my most recent GAS related incident. It's a 1988 SGC Nanyo Bass Collection SB320 fretless that I believe has had the pickups and electronics upgraded on it. No info yet as to what they are but I'm trying to find out. It's strung with Rotosound 88 black nylon strings (I had to get rid of the roundwounds that it came with - poor fretboard had taken a bit of a scratching). It sounds amazing. It's got a J/P pickup configuration and can go from a nice double-bass sound up to the bottom end of a jazz sound (if that makes sense... basically you can hear the sound of the metal strings under the nylon start to come through). Japanese Sen body from what I can tell, maple neck and ebony fretboard.

The pics are not-so-great iphone pics but I can post better ones... just need to get my decent camera out!

I've posted some sound samples in another thread: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=127277"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=127277[/url] and will add more when I get the chance.

[attachment=75224:315andDean.jpg]

[attachment=75225:fretless1.jpg]

[attachment=75226:fretless2.jpg]