Why become a member? ×

Tonmister course

Jimmyp28

Ok i think this is the right place for this topic

Does any one know any thing about the Tonmister course and does any one think its worth getting it, the list of things you need to get on its crazy.

You need an A in physics, maths and music A level as well as a grade 7 or 8 in performance :)

Am studying music production at the moment (FDA) but finding that the course is A, to easy and B, not really about any thing i really want to do.

Any help would be amazing.

I know it's the only one in England, and that I think they have a 100% employment rate... It's an incredibly hard course to get on to, but if you get on to it and do well then you're pretty much set for life (if working at Abbey Road or somewhere similar interests you).

My son is on that course in Guildford, in his final year. He is very enthusiastic about the course and the quality of teaching. He says the Maths/Physics/Music A-level requirement is representative of the course content, and you would struggle without A's in all 3. I think you can drop most of the performance stuff after the first year, so don't worry if you can only just scrape the Grade 7.

It used to be a fast-track into the BBC, but they have cut right back on recruitment recently. They still have some involvement in the department though.

p.s. Spelling is "Tonmeister"