Why become a member? ×

Stagg EUB - SOLD

bassace

I am offering my Stagg EUB in cherry red for £200, buyer collects from my place, which is a few miles east of Chipping Norton, Oxon.

It is in as new condition and hasn't been gigged; taken out of the house once for a rehearsal.

Edited by bassace

[quote name='Krysbass' post='135663' date='Feb 7 2008, 12:36 PM']It might be worth adding "EUB" to the title of your thread. The Stagg EUB got a pretty good review in the last issue of BGM, so it just might make a few more people stop and have a look?

Hope this helps![/quote]

Thanks for that, although the original thread under Double Bass/EUB, which I didn't start, simply said Stagg!!

I'm just going to have some supper and afterwards I may retitle the thread and attach some photos. Where do I send your commission?

Pm your address, interested and i work around chippy sometimes so might be able to pop in if your about during the day, is it a full 3/4 scale? ive never played upright and don't have the room at the moment for an acoustic so it might be a good starting point to get going.

A massive thank you to Roger (Bassace) for letting me buy his superb Stagg EUB. The bass is in mint condition and sounded superb. I have had a go at home now and WOW, totally different instument to play and not what I was expecting. You need very strong hands. I will write more in the original Stagg EUB thread.

Lovely to meet you and your wife, really enjoyed chatting to you both and thank you for the cup of tea. Thanks also for all the advice on playing double bass. A true gentleman.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='bassace' post='136024' date='Feb 7 2008, 07:59 PM']Here are some photos. The chrome stand is something I cobbled together out of a guitar stand; it works very well.[/quote]

Hi Roger
Your acoustic looked very nice on Sunday :)
meanwhile I'm looking at gettng one of these (and the lesons to get my muscles converted)

How does that stand work? Is it just for parking or did you play it on the stand like the NS ones?
Cheers
Si

[quote name='Linus27' post='168461' date='Apr 2 2008, 01:44 PM']The stand is just used for parking unless your about 8ft tall :):)[/quote]

Nah I'd fit your Elise nicely ...

So how does the stand work? looks like teh spike may go inside the upright tube?

How is the bass.. I'm very tempted, just to add to my feelings of inadequacy generated by Sunday...