Why become a member? ×

Xerocks

Paul S

The heavier classic rock band I play in, Xerocks, finally got around to getting 5 tracks recorded. Submitted here to satiate curiosity and I'd also welcome comments.

Here is [url="http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7707531"]Rockin' in the Free World[/url] - the others are linked over to the right of the page.

We did this 'as live' with any BVs done afterwards and re-starts as necessary for cockups - not too many, as it happens. I think it turned out pretty well if a little heavy on the bass, maybe the vocal is out front a bit too much. Still, as it is only intended to dish out to pub landlords who will, at most, listen to the first 20 seconds of each track, I don't suppose it matters too greatly.

Disclaimer - I don't play anything flashy, just what is required. Or slightly less, if I can get away with it... :)

Please be gentle...

Indeed - no frills but hugely enjoyable fun to play - I guess the majority of Basschatters are doing something similar.

That is the first time I have ever recorded anything like that using proper kit and I was impressed at how it came out. The guy who did it has actually remixed it as he wasn't pleased with the first version, so I think I will upload the newer version once I get hold f a copy.

Edit - re-mixed version now on the [url="http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_7787733"] site here.[/url]

Edited by Paul S