Why become a member? ×

SOLD **** Status Energy 6 String

NowVertical

My first venture away from a traditional 34" 4 stringer was made all the easier by the playability on this bass, hopefully if you live close enough you will be able to see what I mean for yourself.

[attachment=5382:Status_Front.jpg]

I am not sure of the versatility of the sounds from the energy board as I am afraid I just found my favoured over the bridge pickup sort of sound and stuck with it. However, I have been told by engineers that it provides a good solid tone that can cut through the mix.

][attachment=5383:Status_Back.jpg]

I found it a very comfortable bass to use (so much so that it took me a long time to get used to the jazz body of my KSD 5) and have spent many long hours at rehearsal without finding its weight tiring.

Condition, well there are a few dings but nothing that affects playability or detracts from the overall quality of the build.

So why a week...well a friend has made me an offer at mates rates but needs a quick decision, I would like to get nearer what I think the bass is worth but need the money fast.

I would ideally be looking for £350 but given timescales would consider offers!! Comes with a Status gig bag and a relatively fresh set of Status Hotwires. I really do think at this price its a great way of trialling the world of 6 strings.

I am based near Dorking Surrey and would prefer a pickup to save postage hassles and ensure any interested buyer has the chance of a test drive.

Cheers

Jem

Please message me for contact details.

Edited by NowVertical

• 1 year later...

Fraid not, the mate who wanted it upped his offer quite quickly when he saw how much interest I was getting.

Post selling...I stick by what I said...I found the pre amp to be a bit of a one trick pony...but it was a very impressive pony!! and the playability for a six string was superb...the neck profile was so up my street! I still get to play it on the odd occasion I go to my mates studio and sometimes wonder why I sold it. Well worth trying one if you are in the market for a 6 string...I think for this price range you can't go wrong.

[quote name='isbass' post='500431' date='May 28 2009, 11:41 PM']Hi is this baby still for sale?
Cheers, Mike[/quote]