Why become a member? ×

SWR Redhead Combo & Flightcase = ON HOLD!

BIG.J

Original Pre-Fender USA Made SWR Redhead Combo... 2x10 & Flightcase.

I'm selling my early-1990s SWR RedHead combo. This is the classic 2x10"+horn bass amp that started the whole 2x10 combo craze. This is an original, pre-Fender unit ... the last of the "true" SWR amps.

Combo has two Eminence Kappa drivers installed and uses the original single Fostex horn tweeter.

This is one of the classic bass amp designs of all time ... and it remains one of SWR's best. I've had this amp for a while and i realy didn't want to part with it But since using my SWR 6x10 cab with another head i just havent used it and it realy does deserve to be played more.

Comes with a heavy duty flightcase fitted with locking castors. Cab Carpet looks ok with minimal wear, Everything works perfectly. No rattles, squeaks, loose knobs etc. The whole thing was cleaned and switched cleaned a few months back. The only slightly scratchy pot is the (MID) Control... The rest are silent. Please note that this is an Early model which has a Mesh / Material type grill without the removable cover. I have also removed the Plastic Corners off the amp in order for the flightcase lid to close. I do still have them but they are worn.

Combo originaly was imported from the states and ran at 110v, Has since been converted to UK Voltage by an Audio Tech using a small transformer mounted inside the cab. Can be run on either voltage as Male / Female IEC Connectors fitted (110v in - 230/240v out) ... AMP is 100% spot on.

Very Tight, Punchy and Crystal Clear.

Effects Send / Return

1u Rack space built in

Tuner Out

Active/Passive Inputs

DI input & Controls

FX Blend Control

Extension Speaker input.

Cash on collection prefered, Combo is quite heavy so i am willing to travel and meet up on Motorways A483, A55, M53, M56, M6 within reason.

Effects not included but have installed a 1u vented Rack Pannel as a replacement.

Further info just Text / Call Justin 07900 680 955, Try before you buy.

PLEASE NOTE I WILL BE AWAY ON HOLIDAY 1st APRIL - 8th APRIL.

A Givaway (ON HOLD)

Justin. :)

Edited by BIG.J

• 3 weeks later...

That's dirt cheap. I wanted one of these for a long while but, when I had the money, I talked myself into an Eden Metro. These were the dogs danglies when I was playing jazz funk etc. They retailed at around £1,200 didn't they?

[quote name='Bilbo' post='1179607' date='Mar 28 2011, 03:19 PM']That's dirt cheap. I wanted one of these for a long while but, when I had the money, I talked myself into an Eden Metro. These were the dogs danglies when I was playing jazz funk etc. They retailed at around £1,200 didn't they?[/quote]

:) That's very true, just need a quick sale! Bills to pay