Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

zoot fretless 4 string for sale

fretless

ICENI ZOOT CUSTOM 4 STRING FRETLESS (number 021) NOW SOLD

SPECS

Neck Iceni carbon Graphite bolt on neck + ebony fingerboard.
Nut Bell Brass
Nut Width 38mm(Frender Jazz spacing)
Fingerboard Flat finished, best quality african ebony, 1/4 lines to edge + side dots, unvarnished on playing surface, varnished to back and sides.
Machine heads Black Schaller chrome m4's
Body 1 piece sapele mahogony with bookmatch best grade flame maple top finished in high gloss aqua burst fading to black with solid black hi gloss to back
Bridge ABM in black chrome with Shadow piezo's fitted to saddles
Control Knobs Schaller black chrome knurled with centre dents
Pick up Bartolini MM4C
Switch 3 way-piezo only/piezo and bartolini/bartolini only
Controls Bartolii TCT module bass/mid/treble (all centre dent for flat) and volume
Strap buttons Schaller locking in black chrome
Battery 6v from compartmentin back
Case Old, battered but servicable.

HISTORY

I am the original owner, ordered and delivered summer 1998, used continuously to end of 2009. Purchased to provide a quality fretless instrument on which to become reasonable proficient; hence 1/4 fretlines and side dots which visually aid correct playing intonation. Totally reliable, very stable re tuning, no discernible "dead"spots on neck....Body condition excellent but for light wear to the varnish on rear face which will "t cut" out. For the last 15 months I have been concentrating on playing an upright and the Zoot is now surplus to my requirements.

Neck condition good - very light wear to ebony fretboard as I have always used ground wound strings, varnish to edges of fretloard has lifted slightly, particularly around the 1/4 size fret position markers. These are light wood fillets inset in the ebony and, over time they have contracted/expanded sufficiently differently to the ebony so that the varnish finish has moved. I had the varnish to the edges re-finished about 6 years ago and they were cosmetically fine for a couple of years before "lifting" the varnish again. This blemish is entirely cosmetic and makes no difference whatsoever to the sound and playability of the instrument. Note the neck does not have a truss rod since the carbon graphite does not move.

Looking to clear £850 + delivery - I imagine this sort of spec would be heading up to around £2000 today.
Am in Plymouth and welcome to view/play by mutual arrangement.

Edited by fretless

• 5 months later...