Why become a member? ×

Warmoth Jazz Neck FS

Guest BassKS

Peeps,

Got a Warmoth Jazz but im not getting along with the neck. Its a slim taper contour with satin finish (feels like it) maple on rosewood and chrome schaller tuners.
This set up would cost you about over 350 USD which translated to about 225 quid.

I as a nice guy that I am, will give it away for 130 plus a fiver on postage. I will get some piccies soon.

Thanks

Fatos

Edited by BassKS

[quote name='BassKS' post='1140924' date='Feb 25 2011, 10:37 AM']Peeps,

Got a Warmoth Jazz but im not getting along with the neck. Its a slim taper contour with satin finish (feels like it) maple on rosewood and chrome schaller tuners.
This set up would cost you about over 350 USD which translated to about 225 quid.

I as a nice guy that I am, will give it away for 130 plus a fiver on postage. I will get some piccies soon.

Thanks

Fatos[/quote]

Hi, would this fit direct onto a US fender P body? if so, I would be interested!

[quote name='andytoad' post='1141106' date='Feb 25 2011, 12:41 PM']Hi, would this fit direct onto a US fender P body? if so, I would be interested![/quote]

It should do. In fact the fit on the jazz body is very tight. I have to tap it lightly to get it out

[quote name='Dodge' post='1141307' date='Feb 25 2011, 03:04 PM']Pics please - and details on the fret size.[/quote]

Pics over the w/end. Fret size is the standard fender I believe. Medium jumbo or whatever crazy nos they give them at Warmoth.

[quote name='BassKS' post='1141404' date='Feb 25 2011, 04:15 PM']Pics over the w/end. Fret size is the standard fender I believe. Medium jumbo or whatever crazy nos they give them at Warmoth.[/quote]

Stainless or nickel silver? (Will say 'SS' on the heel if it's stainless)

[quote name='kurcatovium' post='1141115' date='Feb 25 2011, 12:44 PM']BassKS: Can you compare warmoth's slim taper to their normal jazz neck?[/quote]

I cant remember the size of Jazz bass standard. I know that the standard Warmoth necks (on my other one) were chunkier and slim taper came about due to complaints from Jazz users. I could hazard a guess that its supposed to be the same size as JAzz.

Ta

[quote name='Dodge' post='1141405' date='Feb 25 2011, 04:16 PM']Stainless or nickel silver? (Will say 'SS' on the heel if it's stainless)[/quote]

Ah, well. I shall have to find out, I will do that tomorrow. Scouts honour.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BassKS

A Notice:

After a couple of measurements, it seems like the neck itself is just a standard Warmoth badboy with rolled FB. the other warmoth feels different and gave me the impression of being chunkier. Therefore, slim taper is not what I would call it.
Further, I am thinking of selling the bass as a whole with piccies appearing very soon.

Thanks

Fatos