Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ibanez edc710?

chilievans

I've seen an Ibanez EDC710 for sale on the bay but I dont know much about them. How do people rate these basses?
The price at the moment is £150 and it looks in excellent condition. Is this a fair price? I've already got an Ibanez SR500 which is realy nice to play so would it be worth getting this one also?
So many questions and so little time lol

These basses are made of Luthite - some people like it, some don't.
Luthite is a sort of 'fake wood' and critics reckon it can crack if dropped and paint chips off it easily.

The necks on the EDC series are slightly different to the SR series necks (slightly wider IIRC).

Have to say that, despite being an Ibby user, I probably wouldn't take a gamble on one of these unless I could try it out first...

[quote name='icastle' post='1140504' date='Feb 24 2011, 09:43 PM']These basses are made of Luthite - some people like it, some don't.
Luthite is a sort of 'fake wood' and critics reckon it can crack if dropped and paint chips off it easily.

The necks on the EDC series are slightly different to the SR series necks (slightly wider IIRC).

Have to say that, despite being an Ibby user, I probably wouldn't take a gamble on one of these unless I could try it out first...[/quote]
Thanks for the advice bud. I'll give that one a miss then