Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* RICKENBACKER 4001 C64S *SOLD*

matski

Up for grabs is my mapleglo Rickenbacker C64S - the Paul McCartney model.

This is not your standard Rickenbacker 4001 - it's in the same league as the Chris Squire limited edition and the V63 - and has the vintage 'toaster' and 'horseshoe' pickups and reverse headstock. The C64S is no longer in production, making it a sought after model.

[attachment=72806:DSC02334.JPG] [attachment=72807:DSC02337.JPG] [attachment=72808:DSC02335.JPG]

Here is the blurb from the Rickenbacker website:
[i]Since the time he obtained his Bass in 1965, Paul McCartney’s original Rickenbacker 4001S bass (actually made in 1964) has “evolved” through Numerous modifications. Using the 4001C64 starting point, the 4001C64S fast forwards to incorporate these changes to replicate his Bass as it finally exists today. Most evident is the reshaped body, zero-fret Fingerboard, pickup type, and tailpiece detail. A satin sealer-only finish helps protect The natural Maple body and neck, as well as the Rosewood fingerboard.[/i]

Full specs can be found here: www.rickenbacker.com/model.asp?model=4001C64S

The bass is in really excellent condition - the only marks on it are small scratches on the upper edge of the body above the treble pickup which are only visible at certain angles and impossible to photograph. I've never gigged with it, it's been strictly home-use only. :) It comes with a standard Rickenbacker hard case.

I'm looking for £2000 for it, which is as near as dammit half the price of a new one as quoted on the Thomann website:

www.thomann.de/gb/rickenbacker_4001_c64_mg.htm

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers!

Edited by matski