Why become a member? ×

MXR autoQ - clips

mcnach

I was making some quick clips of an MXR autoQ for another basschatter, and I figured I might as well post them here in case someone else finds this useful.

Bear in mind that this is not a review, I just plugged it in and made some noise, without thinking what to play, and twiddling knobs as I felt like it. The pedal does other noises too, but these are the ones I made tonight :)

This is the straight MXR autoQ, not the bass-dedicated version. Although I thought it worked well with bass, which is why I bought it.

It was recorded with a Zoom H2 thrown on the sofa, so sound quality is not great.

The very fret-buzzy bass is an OLP MM2 (Stingray style) and was played into a Behringer BXL450A practice amp.

Clip1[attachment=72607:01.mp3]
01 - starts with no effect, then switch on with only the filter envelope thing. Some settings were altered slightly as I go along.

Clip2[attachment=72606:02.mp3]
02 - more filter envelope, but adding a bit of "shimmer". Switched to only shimmer effect half way through.

Clip3[attachment=72602:03.mp3]
03 - filter envelope + a bit of shimmer. Shimmer only shows when notes are longer.

Clip4[attachment=72603:04.mp3]
04 - Shimmer, adding a bit of filter envelope. Slightly changing settings. Alternate dry/FX halfway.

Clip5[attachment=72604:05.mp3]
05 - Shimmer. Then add some filter envelope, mild.

Clip6[attachment=72605:06.mp3]
06 - moderate filter envelope with a touch of shimmer