Why become a member? ×

OLP MM3

King Tut

Natural Elm OLP MM3 Stingray 5 Copy.

This bass is in very good condition with no marks or dinks. I originally had strap locks on this. When i was putting the bottom one on, the screw snapped in the wood - elm seems like a bloody hard wood! The replacement screw was put in next to it - this doesn't show.

Electronics are a little unusual. Despite buying this new from The Bass Cellar, the electronics are not what is the norm for this model of bass. Normally they have a volume for each coil of the pickup, and a master tone. This has a non splittable pickup, with one master volume, and two tone controls cutting at different frequencies - both being passive top cut jobbies.

When you roll the front off, you get a dubby precision sound, when you roll the back one off you get a more nasal jazz bridge pickup sound. This works very well, and is imho better than the normal setup.

There's a very faint buzz if you touch the pickup polepieces - hardly noticeable - however, I've wound the pickup a long way into the body to avoid this. The pickup is pretty hot so this isn't an issue.

I've achieved a fairly low action on this one, and it plays very nicely thanks. Would prefer pickup but will post at a push, or I could meet a buyer at a railway station between Euston and Brum - no offers or trades thanks.

Here's the pics...........

Only reason I'm selling is that I've got a couple of other nice fives, and this ones the cheapest so it's gotta go.

Edited by King Tut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...