Why become a member? ×

Same old, same old

cd_david

I reckon it all depends on what you're after, and how much control you want. If you're running a full rack compressor, EQ, BBE, you've got a monumental amount of control... I bought a POD XT and was very disappointed in the 1 knob to adjust "compress"... so I kept my 19" compressor plugged in.

If you're used to what is effectively a "studio sound" through a good cab, then there's potential that there may be a modern lightweight head/cab that deliver just the same sound.... you'd just need to find it.

[quote name='fonzoooroo' post='1131093' date='Feb 17 2011, 02:45 PM']I reckon it all depends on what you're after, and how much control you want. If you're running a full rack compressor, EQ, BBE, you've got a monumental amount of control... I bought a POD XT and was very disappointed in the 1 knob to adjust "compress"... so I kept my 19" compressor plugged in.

If you're used to what is effectively a "studio sound" through a good cab, then there's potential that there may be a modern lightweight head/cab that deliver just the same sound.... you'd just need to find it.[/quote]

I know what you're saying but I have no need/ want to look. I buy and trade basses like a bugger, but have only ever gigged 3 in 20 years, the rest are investments.

I reckon I must be gas free tbh. But going back to my original thought would manufacturers provide a better service with by allowing a try before you buy system, do you think bassists would be more content for longer.

Another observation, there seems to be a lot of people buying and selling matching heads and cabs, do you think its better to mix up manufacturers amp and cab products?