Why become a member? ×

Squier Jv Jazz Bass

Eth

Howdy Bassheids...on behalf of a good friend of mine I am selling this JV Squier Jazz Bass. I looked up 21 frets for a date and and it comes out to may/june 1983. serial JV5****.pic of serial availiable on request.The bass is original save for the scratchplate,the knobs and the pickups (and wiring)which are Sadowsky .The scratchplate is mint/snot green,the knobs chrome and the pickups to me sound lovely.all electrics working,I checked the truss rod gently and it works both ways.there is an earthing strip running from the bridge pickup to under the bridge,I'm sure this could be removed and replaced in the more conventional way.there is very little wear on the frets,the nut is fine and the reverse tuners are smooth and positive..the number on the bottom of the neck heel to me looks to be 65 EX then ,T and in pencil just below the truss rod adjustment screw it looks like 6 7 and either R or B.The neck pocket has 6 V stamped inside it..the back and the bottom edges are pitted a bit as you'd expect and there are a few wee dings on the lower side edge front ? and a chip at the strap button on the upper horn..there is a strapbutton on the backof the headstock.The back of the neck is lovely and smooth and has that old worn sweated into feel and appearance.i.e.looks dirty! the bass has been well played and well looked after.It's instantly playable,I haven't set it up as I'ts not for me .The price is £700 plus postage/insurance.there is no case tho it will be extremely well packaged in a sturdy cardboard box.(or if you live in Scotland you are welcome to meet/collect)
although this is not all original,it is a pure treasure of a bass ,I have a 75 usa jazz and this JV is a whole heap friendlier to play and nicer weight.
pleased to answer any questions or supply extra pics if you are interested.
cheers for now.A.F.

Edited by Eth