Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB605 5 string

slojo

SORRY, DECIDED TO KEEP THIS!

Hi

Yamaha BB605 5 string for sale. Wine red burst. Asking £250.

Here's the specs from the Yamaha website:

This BB Series 5-string model features a built-in NE1 Parametric EQ and the BBNE2 Nathan East style body silhouette. ・Nathan East Sculpted Body Design ・Solid Alder Body ・5-String Maple Neck ・Rosewood Fingerboard ・24 Frets ・Single Coil Pickups ・Nathan East NE-1 Parametric EQ ・Diecast Chrome Tuners/Hardware ・Black, Natural, Wine Red Finishes ・Limited Lifetime Warranty

Neck width about 45mm at the nut and 75mm at the last fret. 18mm string spacing. According to my bathroom scales somewhere around 9 - 9.5 lb weight.

I know they all say this, but this is a super bass for the money. Woods are very good quality as is the hardware and fit and finish. I think these basses have a great reputation and rightly so.

The action is set quite low, I feel it's just in it's sweet spot, any lower and you loose tone. Plays superb from top to botttom fret effortlessly. Typical Yamaha modern sound, with the option of switching in the paremetric EQ knob which can give some old school thump to the sound.

B string sounds great. Not waffly, muddy low notes.

It is in super condition with only light swirling of the laquer to mention.

Strung with Warwick Red Label 45-135 with little playing on them.

Comes with a ritter gig bag in good condition.

Photographing this was a nightmare, but trust me it's in good nick. The white dota are not really there , it's just the light.

Have a look on the web for some better typical photos!

Bass is in Co. Antrim, Northern Ireland (Still UK!!) Not a problem if you want to arrange courier collection.

No trades please. Thanks.

[attachment=71146:DSCF2400.JPG]
Found this one on the web, it looks the same.
[attachment=71148:1_023_02...a_BB_605.jpg]

Edited by slojo