Why become a member? ×

Wanted really old set of Spirocore Weiches

bassadder

[quote name='bassadder' post='1113736' date='Feb 3 2011, 12:26 PM']Hi Guys

Has anyone out there got a really old set of Spirocre Weiches?, I'm after the E, A. D to match my old Olives I need a bit more punch and stability and know this would work on my bass.

Cheers

Laurence[/quote]
Just Curious Lawrence. I have recently put on an Olive G and D with my old Mittles. The Mittles are a little underpowered by comparison on my bass. I would have thought the Weichs would be a little wimpy.
Those Olives are great though.
peter

Interesting, I actually have an Evah Pirazzi E and A on at the moment and they sound fine but just wanted to try a couple of Weiches to see how they feel, both Charles Haden and Larry Greandier use really old Spiro's on the bottom it's more curiosity than anything else.

I have had lengthy correspondence with Gerold Genssler a custom gut string maker from Berlin and really want to try his WRAPS but at 500 euros a go I really want to try them first, he's a great string maker and guarantee's the strings for 2 years.

Cheers

Laurence

[quote name='marvin spangles' post='1114278' date='Feb 3 2011, 06:30 PM']Just Curious Lawrence. I have recently put on an Olive G and D with my old Mittles. The Mittles are a little underpowered by comparison on my bass. I would have thought the Weichs would be a little wimpy.
Those Olives are great though.
peter[/quote]