Why become a member? ×

Thinking of getting one...

Phil-osopher10

So I'm thinking of getting a barefaced cab in the summer time when I can afford it. What makes the midget better than the acme low b1, aguilar 12's etc? Also gow easy would it be to cover it in carpet? tolex is of the devil...

EDIT: Also one of the reasons I'm thinking of one is that you see alexcalber around the forum giving advice and that is a big plus on customer service!

Edited by Phil-osopher10

Phil(?)

The biggest advantage the Midget has over all the conventional 1x12"s is that it has a much heftier woofer and larger port so it can handle far more power without distortion - thus you can use one cab in a loud band. The GS112 is a very well proven and sweet sounding design but everyone rocking out with one seems to need a pair. There are plenty of other differentiators - see the website! Compared to an Acme Low-B1, it's simply a completely different animal with vastly different design goals - the Big Baby is similar to the Acmes but usefully louder.

None of the Barefaced models are covered in tolex, we use a texturised polymer coating.

Best regards,

Alex